Virtual reality use for health professions education has been rapidly growing. This educational technology offers great benefits and can potentially revolutionize the way we train healthcare professionals, yet poor implementation strategies can lead to limited educational outcomes and unnecessary costs.
This interactive workshop aims to introduce the principles of VR-enhanced learning activities and demonstrate some of its potential applications in education.
1. Understanding the basic principals of VR as an educational tool
2. Discussing some of the key features of VR hardware
3. Analyzing different types of VR-enhanced learning applications
4. Identifying common VR implementation errors and their impact on educational outcomes
5. Illustrating different strategies to improve educational transfer using VR